Sunday, April 5, 2009

Imdb and Me

On days where I hit a monstrous slump, I find myself slinking closer to the laptop to get my fix. A place where you can post thought provoking questions for discussion, mindless drivel, or angry borderline slander. You can have the DeNiro in Taxi Driver vs. Pacino in Dog Day Afternoon debate one second and find yourself slinging some mud regarding the personal love life of an actor/actress the next. That's right, it's Imdb....and it's spectacular.
Provoke a troll, you get a stalker that will both warm your heart and frighten you to death in equal measure. Engage a writer, film maker or actor (yes they do read and post!) and you get thoughtful answers to most sincere questions. Best of all? It's a movie buffs dream!! Every movie ever made, every thespian to grace the large and small screen, it's all in the mix! Mega fans, mega fun. Film geeks debate everything from the Star Wars prequels to Fellini, cinematography, casting, overlooked performances, you name it..they talk about it.
I knew I was in trouble when I started checking this site instead of CNN with my early morning coffee. Most of my friends are swept up in the current facebook storm (I confess, I do love me some facebook too) but I still find myself drawn to post random observances from the latest thing I've seen at the movies or ordered on Netflix. Nothing beats it.
Go and get yourself an account and let the fun begin.
www.imdb.com

1 comment:

  1. You have to check out the new Character Pages feature.

    http://www.imdb.com/character/ch0000180/

    ReplyDelete