Monday, December 7, 2009

Sunday, Sunday

Bob Geldof was right about Mondays, they really do suck. But what about Sunday? The whole freaking day is fraught with agonizing anticipation of what comes next thereby destroying whatever theraputic weekend value it ever had. Friday afternoon, now that's what I call a good time frame.
Before my kids developed social lives and opinions (and became mildly annoying I might add) we used to hang out in our pajamas on our last day off and make the occasional trek to some family destination. Now it's just riddled with cub scouts, basketball practices and games, soccer, hockey and sleepovers with friends. It's definately needed as the ultimate buffer day between Saturday and Monday but as a stand alone it really blows. Well, I should probably revise that and say I go to church just in case my mother pops in. Yes mom, every Sunday without fail.

2 comments:

  1. amen. i need a buffer day as well. better yet. when i forget it is sunday, it is almost as magical as saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like right now, it's Sunday night and I have indigestion just thinking about the obscene hour at which my alarm will be going off. Uggggg.

    ReplyDelete